From Joshua Turk, Pastor
Dear Co-Laborers in Christ,
I would like to take this opportunity to recommend Bro. Caleb Turk as a qualified, ordained, Baptist preacher and missionary. As a child he received Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. Around the age of ten he surrendered to preach. He has practically been in the ministry his whole life and since the summer of 2006 has been serving with my father in Indonesia. He has been a tremendous help in the translating of the Bible into the Indonesian language. Clearview Baptist church ordained him on June 7, 2015 and we prayerfully request that you take Bro. Caleb Turk on as a supported missionary out of your church.
Grace & Peace,
Joshua Turk, Pastor
Clearview Baptist Church
35800 W 102nd St
De Soto, KS 66018
(913) 583-1144 (church)
From Louis A Turk, Missionary / Translator
Dear pastors and churches,
Please prayerfully consider Bro. Caleb Turk’s unique qualifications:
- Bro. Caleb Turk is already highly fluent in the Indonesian language.
- Bro. Caleb Turk and his wife, Livia, are already highly skilled proofreaders, and invaluable members of our Bible translation committee.
- Bro. Caleb Turk already understands Indonesian culture—no need to worry that he may go into culture shock and quit.
- Bro. Caleb Turk has already proven himself faithful for nine years in Indonesia.
- Bro. Caleb Turk has already proven his love for the Indonesian people, having committed himself to remain on the field until the New Testament has been completely proofread.
- Bro. Caleb Turk is has already been well-trained for missionary service by his veteran missionary father.
- Bro. Caleb Turk is already an excellent teacher/preacher of God’s word.
- Bro. Caleb Turk is already a sound, separated, ordained, independent Baptist minister.
- Bro. Caleb Turk has already completed all course work to graduate in August from Sam Ratulangi University here in Manado with a major in International Business Administration. He desires to use this education for the cause of Christ.
- Bro. Caleb Turk already has a visa. Since his wife, Livia, is an Indonesian citizen, he does not have the visa problems most other men would face in trying to enter Indonesia now that the Indonesian government no longer issues missionary visas. Livia, is also sponsoring my wife, Cheryle, and I into Indonesia as family, which is why we are not having to leave Indonesia.
- Bro. Caleb Turk is already on the field serving the Lord. In reality, he is already a veteran missionary.
- Bro. Caleb Turk is healthy and young; he has the potential of serving many decades in Indonesia.
- Bro. Caleb Turk is a wise, patient, calm, honest, moral, and diligent man with firm convictions—very well suited to ministering here in Asia.
It would be very difficult—if not impossible—to find a young man more qualified for missionary service in Indonesia than Bro. Caleb Turk. He represents a rare opportunity for your church to GREATLY help provide Indonesia with a pure translation of God’s word, and to GREATLY help speed the evangelization of Indonesia. Indonesia has the 4th largest population of any country, yet only a handful of Baptist missionaries are still here. The need for Bro. Caleb to be here is exceedingly great.
The main hindrance to some churches supporting Bro. Caleb is that he can’t make a personal visit to churches in the USA until after the New Testament is completely proofread by our translation committee, of which he and his wife are important members. This final proofreading is a time-consuming process in which each word is carefully compared with the KJV and with Textus Receptus Greek text. Some churches make a personal visit a requirement to support a missionary. However, one of the main advantages of being independent Baptists is that we can make exceptions to such man-made rules when it is obviously wise to do so, and it is wise in Bro. Caleb’s case. By God’s grace, just as soon as the whole New Testament has been completely proofread and is ready to print, Bro. Caleb and family will return to the USA to make a physical visit to each church that takes him on for support to thank them for their support.
If you have an questions concerning Bro. Caleb, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Yours for the gospel to Indonesia,
Dr. Louis A. Turk, lead translator Firman Elohim Translation Committee Jl. Lahai Roi 2 No. 16 Malalayang 1 Timur, Manado Sulawesi Utara INDONESIA 95162 a ministry of Clearview Baptist Church 35800 W 102nd St DeSoto, KS 66018 Phone: 913-583-1144